Are you dealing with a garbage disposal problem? In a busy household or business, it’s not uncommon for unwanted items to find their way into kitchen drains by accident and cause damage. All it takes is one rogue spoon slipping into your drain to break your garbage disposal.
At Allore’s Plumbing Services LLC, we offer reliable garbage disposal repair and replacement throughout Stuart, FL, and the surrounding areas. Our experienced plumbers can quickly and efficiently resolve silverware-damaged blades, jams, and more with no mess left behind.
Avoid burst pipe issues with a water softener installation from our team! Contact us to learn more about our residential water treatment solutions.
What’s Wrong With Your Garbage Disposal?
Your garbage disposal might not be essential to your everyday life—but if you have one, chances are you’d prefer it worked. If you want to prevent problems with your unit, don’t ignore the early warning signs. Here are some of the most common garbage disposal problems and their symptoms:
- Jammed flywheel: If your garbage disposal makes a humming sound instead of its usual grinding noise, that might indicate a faulty flywheel. Reach out to our specialists for a quick fix!
- Clogged drain: Poor or zero draining probably means that you’re dealing with a clog. If pouring hot water down the drain doesn’t help, our experts can—you can count on us for quality drain cleaning services.
- Unpleasant odors: Does your unit still smell horrible even after some DIY cleaning? Sometimes, the only way to get rid of garbage disposal odors is to have an expert disassemble and clean the whole unit.
- Water leaks: If your garbage disposal leaks water, the connections inside the system might be weak or loose. Our plumbers can evaluate your unit, repair cracks, and restore broken seals.
No matter what’s wrong with your garbage disposal, you can rely on our technicians to fix it fast.
Have a clogged toilet? Your water pressure or toilet drainpipe might be the culprit. Schedule your toilet repair service with one of our experts today!
How Can You Prevent Garbage Disposal Problems?
Proper maintenance is key to extending the lifespan of your garbage disposal unit. Even better, you’ll prevent common problems in the process. Here are a few simple steps to keep your garbage disposal in top condition:
- Clean your unit regularly: Pour some boiling water with a bit of dishwashing soap down your drain every so often to get rid of minor buildup.
- Say no to grease: One of the most important things to remember when using the garbage disposal is not to put any oily substances down the unit. They are hard to remove and can also harm the deeper parts of your plumbing.
- Avoid disposing of large or tough items: Regularly grinding up big, hard pieces of food will shorten the lifespan of your garbage disposal.
Reach Out to Our Garbage Disposal Experts Today
Is there something wrong with your garbage disposal? Are you looking to replace an outdated unit with something more reliable? Building a new home? Whatever your needs, you can look to our technicians for quality service and results.