How Can Delayed Plumbing Repairs Impact Your Home?
You’ve noticed a leak in your pipes. Or perhaps there are black specks in your water. Or maybe your gurgling toilet keeps you up at night. Plumbing issues can be a pain in the neck, but you may be tempted to put off repairs as long as possible. However, even though problems with your plumbing are far from ideal, putting off repairs can lead to further consequences. The list below will help you with common plumbing issues you may encounter.
What is Considered a Plumbing Emergency?
A small plumbing problem can be easy to ignore. A drip here, a little leak there. But sometimes those small problems can lead to huge plumbing emergencies, and no one wants to face one of those. Below are some common plumbing emergencies:
- Overflowing toilets can lead to a huge flooded mess in your bathroom, not to mention the uncleanliness of possible human waste on your floors.
- The solution for clogged toilets is to always have a plunger handy. And remember to never, ever flush anything down the toilet, other than toilet paper and bodily waste.
- Broken pipes are an emergency that most homeowners dread. Broken pipes can lead to huge messes, from ruined and moldy drywall, to entirely flooded rooms.
- If you have a broken pipe, it’s important to shut off the water from the main water supply valve. This will stop the water from pouring into your home. And then you will want to contact a local plumber, preferably one with emergency services. And since frozen pipes are the number one cause of broken pipes, it’s important to make sure that your pipes are all well insulated.
- DIY projects can sometimes turn into “done it wrong” emergencies. Tasks that seem simple to most homeowners, like tightening a bolt or replacing a fixture, can actually cause big problems if done incorrectly.
- If you think you can handle a plumbing repair on your own, remember to ask yourself what is the worst that could happen. If the possible consequences involve damage to appliances or even flooding in your home, it’s best to contact a professional plumber for your DIY project.
High-Quality Plumbing Repairs Are a Must
All plumbing repairs are not made the same. Some may seem cheap and easy, but if you don’t know what you’re doing, or whether the materials you’ve bought are right for the job, they may just create further problems down the road.
Perhaps you’ve been ignoring plumbers’ tape because you don’t see the need, or you’ve used PVC piping when you should have used copper instead. These are all important considerations to think about when conducting plumbing repairs, so if it’s something you’re unfamiliar with, it’s best to call your local plumber.
Always Opt for a Pro
However, there are ways in which you could help with some plumbing repairs, but don’t ever work on something you don’t know!
And worse, in this case, could be issues ranging from leaks to burst pipes, and lead to more expensive repairs. So don’t ignore the little problems, because it doesn’t take much for them to transform into something more serious, and more costly.
Call Allore’s Plumbing Services LLC for All Your Plumbing Needs
Allore’s Plumbing Services LLC are your plumbing experts in the Stuart, FL area. They provide 24-hour emergency plumbing services for those in need, both residential and commercial in the Treasure Coast area. They were awarded the Best of HomeAdvisor award and Allore’s Plumbing Services LLC is family-owned and operated since 1986.